- A $25.00 fee will be required.
- Captains will sign in players 15 minutes before the scheduled game time.
- OFFICIALS’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
- Two forfeits and the team will be eliminated from the league.
- Report all injuries to the Supervisor to be sure you are covered in case of an insurance claim.
- Protest must be in writing to Deborah Simpson within 24 hours of the incident.
- Teams are given a five (5) minute grace period.
- Team captains will have game vests. These vests must be worn over a T-shirt or the player shall not be allowed to participate unless the team has matching jerseys. Game vests may be picked up by the Supervisor.
- Sticks will be provided by the Intramural and Recreation Department and will be available at Packer Hall before each scheduled game. A stick bin will be located in each team’s bench area. Sticks will be counted before and after each scheduled game. If any sticks are missing the team will be responsible and charged for the replacement costs.
- Only sneakers will be permitted on the gym floor. Black soled shoes will not be permitted.
- Goalkeeping equipment will be provided: leg pads, glove, facemask and waffle board.
- No jewelry of any kind can be worn. Medical bracelets must be taped down.
- Teams will consist of a goalie and five floor players with substitutes.
- The game will consist of three periods, each ten (10) minutes in length.
- No overtime in the regular season. In the playoffs, a five (5) minute sudden death period will be played until a winner emerges.
- Stoppage of play without a penalty is caused by:
- Unplayable ball (out of bounds)
- Frozen Ball
- After a Goal
- Illegal Hand Pass
Any ball played off the hand in the offensive zone may only be touched by that player. It cannot be touched by a member of the same team.
- Abuse of the official WILL NOT be tolerated. This will result in a five (5) minute penalty (served by another player on the team) and a game ejection and possible suspension from all intramural activities.
- No floor players are permitted in the goal crease for any reason. Exception: if knocked into crease by opposing player.
- The goalkeeper may not hold the puck outside the goal crease. He/she may not hold it if he is not under pressure. This is a delay of game.
- If a player breaks a stick, they must drop the stick immediately. Throwing or not dropping a broken stick will be a one minute penalty.
- Team Captains are responsible for their team’s actions and are subject to penalties.
- Stick abuse will not be tolerated. This includes throwing, slamming, or kicking of the hockey sticks. Failure to abide by this rule will result in an immediate ejection and a minimum of a one (1) game suspension.
- Team Captains are required to assist the Program Supervisor in setting up goals and disassembling after games.
- The Program Supervisor is considered a referee when a flagrant penalty occurs outside the official’s view.
- Players may attempt to block a shot from a stationary position; i.e. kneeling down from where they are standing. Players may NOT attempt to block a shot while moving; i.e. sliding across in order to block the shot.
- Due to the outbreak of fights, there will be NO CHECKING. An area in front of the goal will be the only place where any intentional contact will be permitted. The defensive player will be allowed to tie up or clear any offensive player from a zone in front of the net. The check still must be within the confines of a legal check.
- Checking of a serious nature will result in an immediate ejection at the official’s and program supervisor’s discretion.
- One Minute Penalties:
- High Sticking
- Illegal Shot Block
- Broken Stick Violation
- A player who is assessed three penalties in one game will be ejected from that game.
- Five Minute Penalties:
This will be followed by an automatic ejection from the game, the league and all intramural activities for a minimum of one year. The penalty will be served by another member of the team.
- Accompanying violations which results in a serious injury, including bleeding, will result in a suspension of (2) games to one year.
- A team may not attempt a shot until a female team member has touched the ball in the offensive zone.